I find it much easier to warm to a place when the sun is shining. When I returned to England and got stuck into the writing again, I kept thinking about St Louis and some of the localities with their wealth of nineteenth century houses. Many of the those settling in the city in the nineteenth century were Catholics (like my main characters) and the city was the birthplace of many American beers including Budweiser (alcohol is a bit of a theme in the book - see A for Alcohol), and the Eads Bridge across the Mississippi opened at around the same time as my novel (which already featured Brunel's Clifton Bridge) so there seemed to be a synchronicity that I couldn't ignore. On top of that one of my characters Eliza, wasn't happy staying in New York City and kept demanding that I send her somewhere else.
The book will be published later this year.
Please leave a comment in the comments section below and try to visit some of the other April bloggers. You'll find a list here - there are over 1500 so far!
If you have read one of my books and enjoyed it please leave a comment on Amazon (UK, US & Canada) Thank you
APRIL a to Z GIVEAWAY - win one of my novels
Leave a comment below today or after any of of my A-Z posts on this Blog during April and on May 1st I'll pick FIVE lucky winners from all the comments (so the often you leave a comment the greater your chance to win - maximum one per day). As I will be blogging about aspects of the books with quotes from them you will get a flavour of what they're about
- You must leave a comment on this blog and sign up to my newsletter (I only send one every couple of months or so to announce news or share exclusive offers)
- Only one comment per person per day will go into the draw (so you have 26 chances to win)
- One book prize per person
- Choose between an e-book (all formats) or a paperback
- Open worldwide
- State whether you wish to receive A Greater World or Kurinji Flowers
- Feel free to mention your own A-Z Challenge blog posts but unrelated spam will be removed instantly and will not be entered into the giveaway